UGNI BLANC 50%
"Pressurage champenois, détourbage serré à froid" and first fermentation in stainless steel vats, similar to sparkling wines. 10% goes through a second vinification (tirage ou prise de mousse) in tanks immerged 15 metres below the sea level in the Bay of Saint-Jean-de-Luz, for approximately six months, according to the seasons. The remaining 90% is aged on land, on fine lees. Once the immerged tanks are taken out of water, the wine is reblended.
A crystal clear colour, with very fine bubbles that turn into foam when served. The scent on the nose is mineral, salty and iodized. The taste on the tongue is very fresh and chiselled around a citrus palette made of lime, yuzu, guava and passion fruit.
ALCOHOL CONTENT 11%
In 2007, Emmanuel Poirmeur filed a patent for subsea wine vinification and ageing. This new technique involves using the sea to deliver all the physical conditions needed for winemaking: pressure, darkness, constant temperature and - most important of all – motion generated by tides.
Since 2008, EGIATEGIA has carried out fermentations in tanks immersed 15 metres deep in the Bay of Saint-Jean-de-Luz. This stage corresponds to the second alcoholic fermentation, also known as sparkling method or “tirage” or “prise de mousse” in sparkling winemaking processes. This stage supports the often neglected or little known yet essential role of yeasts in the winemaking process.